Nahcolite – known chemically as NaHCO3 – is commercially called sodium bicarbonate or baking soda. This water-soluble mineral has been used for a myriad of purposes for thousands of years. Elementz Nahcolite is derived through solution mining, a method where water is pumped into subterranean salt deposits to dissolve salts which are then extracted from the drying water. This way ensures the highest concentration and purity of Nahcolite.
This hardest working mineral in the elemental table can be used in homes, baths, kitchens, toilets and in personal care. Because Elementz Nahcolite is all-natural and food-grade, it is possibly the greatest helpmate you can find around the home.
Using Elementz Nahcolite for personal care:
- One cup of Nahcolite neutralises chemicals and chlorine in bath water.
- A combination of one to two cups of Nahcolite with Elementz Magnesium Flakes and Elementz Fuller’s Earth in a bath can help with mineral absorption.
- Two to four cups of Nahcolite in a bath helps detoxification and alkalinisation.
- A pinch of Nahcolite on the underarms can be a substitute for deodorant in a hurry.
- A 50/50 sodium bicarbonate and water mix formed into a paste is an exfoliator for blackheads.
- Nahcolite makes a great weekly teeth cleanser and polisher. Simply dip a toothbrush into Nahcolite powder and brush normally. Do note that this is too strong for daily use.
- A heaped teaspoon of Nahcolite stirred into a glass of warm water, works as a mouth wash and gargle.
- Oily hair benefits from a clarifying rinse of one tablespoon of Nahcolite with one cup of water, followed by an acidic rinse made of l-ascorbic acid and water.
Using Elementz Nahcolite for first aid:
- Apply a thick paste made of Nahcolite and water to insect bites and stings.
- For sunburn relief, dissolve 1/4 cup of Nahcolite in a spray bottle of cool water.
- Ease heartburn with ¼ to 1/2 teaspoons of Nahcolite in a glass of water.
Using Elementz Nahcolite for the home:
- Fill a small glass jar with Nahcolite, add a few drops of essential oil, cover and secure with cloth and use as a natural air freshener.
- To deodorise carpets, sofas and mattresses, sprinkle Nahcolite over, leave for a few minutes and then vacuum up.
- Freshen up musty towels by adding 1/2 cup of Nahcolite to the rinse cycle of your machine wash.
- Remove odours from shoes by sprinkling Nahcolite into them between wearing. Shake out before use.
- Shine sinks and spot clean with a sprinkle of Nahcolite and a wet sponge or brush.
- For cleaner toilet bowls, shake one cup of Nahcolite into the bowl, then pour in one cup of vinegar. Leave for 10 minutes, allowing it to fizzle and settle before scrubbing clean.
Using Elementz Nahcolite in the kitchen:
- Two teaspoons of Elementz Nahcolite to a litre of water makes for a cleansing fruit and vegetable wash.
- A pinch of Nahcolite to potatoes as you mash them results in fluffier mashed potatoes.
- Reduce the acidity of tomato or chilli sauces by adding a pinch of Nahcolite.
- Caramelise onions quicker with a pinch of Nahcolite when you stir-fry.
- For quicker cooking time and more tender beans, add ½ teaspoon of Nahcolite to the water.
- Remove coffee and tea stains from mugs by rubbing the inside with Nahcolite or soaking overnight for stubborn stains.
Safety and purity guaranteed
All Elementz products are tested on humans, never on animals. Our Nahcolite only contains 100 percent natural sodium bicarbonate with no fillers, mixers or nasties. The handy, resealable pouches keep the Nahcolite from drying or clumping.